Pet Travel Health Certificates

If you’re travelling abroad with your dog or cat, then you’re going to need an Animal Health Certificate!

Unfortunately, Brexit has added a layer of uncertainty to traveling internationally with your pet. But don’t worry, we’re here to help!

Who Can Help?

Our resident Official Veterinarians Jess and Louise are able to issue Animal Health Certificates, as well as help with any queries you may have when taking your animal abroad.

Things to Remember

To obtain an Animal Health Certificate, your pet must have:

  • A microchip.
  • A valid rabies vaccination that has been administered at least 21 days before you are due to travel
  • Been treated for tapeworm (by a vet) anywhere from 24 to 120 hours before re-entering the UK (for dogs only). The vet who administers the treatment must sign the certificate to say it’s been done.
  • Please note that the EU Travel Certificate can only be issued within 10 days of travel. If you are traveling outside of the EU, some countries require blood tests and additional treatments, and the Certificates can take significantly longer to prepare and issue in these cases. Please plan ahead and notify us well in advance of your intended travel date.

We are able to offer a vaccination service, which you can find out more about here.

Do you need to arrange an Animal Health Certificate?